Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Creative Embellishments March Challenge

Hi there!

Today was a lot of "FIRSTS" for me...I created and used a sketch by Creative Embellishments and used a few NEW fun techniques.
When I saw this challenge by Creative Embellishments, I was intrigued immediately.
I was inspired by the pastel colours flowing in the background and the sketch was perfect for some pictures I had in my stash.
Creative Embellishments uses a picture and a sketch to inspire you:
ce march mood board
CE March Inspiration Picture

ce march sketch
March CE Sketch

and here is my take on the picture/sketch:
Crazy Hair Day
To create the background I used my Tim Holtz water brush (first time) I was aiming for a tie-dye affect (to coordinate his shirt)  Some time ago, I watched a tutorial using coffee filters, I had to try this. 
 Using a coffee filter and the same water colour, I made my own coordinating embellishments.
Coffee filter
The coffee filter also made some picture corners to coordinate, I kept the chenille twists from my sons hair and created an abstract butterfly, I used: candy dots, yellow floss, buttons (one button I created an abstract butterfly using wire to pop the slinky my son is playing with), acrylic paint, white texture effect, silhouette (arrow with faux sewing and resembles a J for Joaquin).
I love how this airy layout flowed together, it was so inspiring from a picture/sketch take.  This was fun!! You should play along.

Thanks for stopping by
~ Danie ~
xo

8 comments:

  1. Super cute pics and fun page! Love the watercolor look on the background and cool flower technique. Thanks for playing along at Creative Embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you go girl! Great page, lots of great techniques!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful layout! Love the awesome bg you created and those coffee filter details are fabulous! Thanks for playing along w/the Creative Embellishments March challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful LO! Love the tute too!! Thank you for playing along with us at Creative Embellishments!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great take on the challenge at Creative Embellishments! Love your co-ordinating embellishments! Thanks for joining us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how you did the background! Beautiful LO!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Visiting from the CE design team, great work Danie & thx for participating in the March monthly challenge!!
    xo Wendy
    http://lifepapersoul.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. great take on the mood board. Thanks for playing along with us at Creative Embellishments

    ReplyDelete