Wednesday, May 3, 2017

See MY World - Stuck?! Sketches May 1st

Hi there!

The best part of chilly rainy days
are creativity flowing and time to scrap.
My Girl and got to sneak in 2 DAYS
this week (that's RIGHT 2!)

We joined in over at 
Here is my take:

See MY World
This is my Littles' first check up - he needs glasses
to correct a lazy eye
He was beyond THRILLED to
be "just like Harry Potter"
This paper was just what this layout called for!!
I got to get messy with some 
dry brush Gesso framing my page.

Here are some close ups:
 All he kept saying was
"you should SEE MY WORLD"
fitting for my title
I created my title from a Silhouette cutfile, layered on some
torn vellum.
 I chose to use some white Vellum behind a pair 
of glasses and then the two on the end
only one lens...
that's what the optometrist was doing!
 I added a tag with his initials (it's also hiding a hand
that was helping us chose some frames)
Behind I tucked a circle photo frame
I love this photo!
He kept saying
"LOOK - I'm a Transformer!"

Here is Laura's awesome sketch:
(I'm a fan of 3 photo sketches!!)
Stuck?! Sketches May 1st
Thank you for stopping by
~ Danie ~
xo
Hope you find some crafty time and Happy National Scrapbooking Day (May 6th)


SUPPLIES USED:
BoBunny; Modern Miss, Bazzill; White Vellum, American Craft Cardstock, Silhouette cutfile, Fancy Pants; Mini Alphas, twine, Gesso.

6 comments:

  1. "EYE" love it. Great idea to use the vellum behind the glasses cutouts. Looks pretty real. Love the title big time. Perfect font. Oh and are you sure he's not the real Harry Potter? Smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun is that background paper and the eyeglasses below the photo. So cool you got pictures of the eye exam. So happy you played with us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great take on the sketch, love the page elements so totally perfect! Thanks for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. An inspirational page to celebrate the getting of glasses! Your background paper is perfect for the challenge and the spectacle embellies work perfectly. Thanks for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome take on the sketch and that paper is just perfect!! Thanks for playing along with us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great take on the sketch. Thanks for supporting Crop For a Cause, Brantford.

    ReplyDelete